Medical Malpractice Claims
Mason Law Firm handles medical malpractice claims against licensed medical professionals arising from their failure to exercise due care in the performance of their professional duties which has caused either personal injuries or death.
While the majority of doctors, nurses and other medical professionals are careful and skilled, there are likewise others whose careless mistakes can be devastating to the patient and their families.
Often times, a doctor who has committed malpractice has a history of providing substandard care, and may also have personal issues, such as drug or alcohol abuse, that contributed to a client’s injuries.
Quite often we see situations involving mistreatment or sub-standard care resulting in injuries to residents in a nursing home. It is always a difficult decision for a family to place an elderly relative into a nursing facility, but when that decision is made, a level of trust and expectation of skill are present.
The types of medical malpractice cases we handle include, but are not limited to:
- Accidents occurring during surgery
- Birth trauma
- Burns, falls and pressure sores (decubitus ulcers)
- Nursing home abuse
- Dispensing the incorrect dose or type of medicine
- Failing to recognize an impending heart attack
- Improper reading of x-rays, MRIs or CT scans
- Infections arising during treatment or hospital stays
- Misdiagnosis of a life-threatening condition
- Preventable suicide
- Restraint-related injuries
- Surgery on the wrong limb
- Transfusion errors
If you or a loved one have been personally injured as the result of the negligence of a licensed medical professional or other care giver, contact Mason Law Firm for a free initial consultation and evaluation of your claim.